Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hello- is it me you're looking for?

I know that I promised there were more mutilated fruit pictures coming, and I swear they still are. I had a bit of trouble with working out some of my ideas- who knew it would be so difficult to light fruit on fire! Anyways, I do have a couple cool photos but I'm not done experimenting and I don't want to reveal anything just yet.

In the meantime I thought I would put up a couple of self portraits I did last year. Now these aren't the typical, hold-the-camera-out-in-front-of-you-and-smile self portrait that you see on Facebook or Myspace (though of course I've done that, too). These photos are very personal to me and represent who I am, not so much what I look like.

This first one you have already seen, but it's one of my favorites. I wasn't that fond of it to begin with, but over time it has really grown on me. I just wish I had washed the bottoms of my feet before I took it!


This photo is one I never, ever planned on showing other people. In an earlier post I said how showing people my photography made me feel like I was revealing my soul. Well, this picture is a two-fer because I'm baring it all- well almost. I'm baring a lot!


Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! If you haven't already been to the state fair, you should definitely check it out- there are some amazing exhibits! I was there yesterday and it was HOT- but worth being a little sweaty. Tomorrow I plan on browsing the produce aisle so hopefully I'll get some more photos and put up that fruit/veggie series soon. Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment