Monday, September 13, 2010

The Olde Homestead

Today was a really good Monday for me.  Work went well.  I had a great dinner with mi familia.  I successfully spoke broken Spanish to a stranger.  And now I'm on here!!!  This past weekend I went over to my parents' place to wash my truck and borrow a few things.  I brought my camera along because it's always fun taking pictures there.  I either find something I never thought to photograph before or I take pictures of the back yard.  They have spent years making their backyard beautiful.  There are flowers everywhere, a secret hideaway, a garden, and a potting shed my dad built for my mom.  It really is amazingly gorgeous!  Here are some pictures I took out at their place.


This is actually inside.  There was amazing light coming through the window so of course I had to put something in it's beam!


My mom spotted this nest awhile back and noticed there were two tiny eggs inside.  A few weeks later these baby humming birds were just about bursting out of the nest.


Just some pretty flowers.


Some little ant sculpture out in the secret hideaway.


I was taking a picture of the big gray cat, Ali, when Moose decided to come out from the potting shed.  My dad used our old mailbox as a little cat door :)

That's it for now.  Hope everyone has a good week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Katie, these pictures around your mom's yard are AMAZING!! You really are extremely talented. Can't wait to see your photography evolve even more. =)

    ReplyDelete